How to apply for AADHAAR card online?
- PLEASE NOTE: Not all AADHAAR card centers have online appointment registration facility.
- To check if a center near you has an online appointment facility click here: Apply for AADHAAR Card Appointment Online.
- Once you have taken the online appointment, collect the required documents (see below) and go to the center with the documents at the assigned date and time.
Off-Line: How to apply for AADHAAR card at the center?
- If an AADHAAR card center near your location DOES NOT have online appointment registration facility, you can walkin to any nearby AADHAAR card center, without prior appointment.
- To contact nearby AADHAAR card center click here: Locate Nearby AADHAAR Card Centers.
What documents are required to apply for AADHAAR card?Generally, 1 identity and 1 address proof document are required to apply for AADHAAR card. To know about the documents required to apply for AADHAAR card click here: AADHAAR Card Documents Required.
- If someone in a family does not have valid documents, he/she can still enroll if his/her name exists in family entitlement document. In that case, the Head of the Family in entitlement document needs to be enrolled first with valid Identity and Address proof document. The head of the household can then introduce other members in the family for enrollment.
- If there are no documents available at all, the resident may take the help of Introducers available at the enrollment center. For further details please contact the concerned Registrar office.
Where do I get an AADHAAR card application form?
- You can get free AADHAAR card application form(s) at the AADHAAR card center itself, or you may choose to download it online.
- It is advisable to download, print (and/or make xerox copies for other family members) and go to the AADHAAR card center with the already filled application form(s) to save time at the center.
- To download the AADHAAR card application form and to learn how to fill AADHAAR Card form click here: AADHAAR Card Application Form Download.
At the AADHAAR card center your photo, fingerprints and iris scan will be taken as a part of the enrollment.
- You can review the details you have provided and make corrections during enrollment itself.
- You will get an acknowledgment slip with an temporary enrollment number and other details captured during enrollment.
- Please store this acknowledgment slip at a safe place, as you will need the details on this slip when you want to print duplicate AADHAAR card online, in future.
- Please enroll only once. Enrolling again will not get you any other/different AADHAAR number.
- Your given information details will be verified centrally. On successful verification, you will first receive an SMS and/or email notification and later after a few days your AADHAAR number will be printed and sent to your address through post.
- Once you receive the SMS / email confirmation and details about your AADHAAR number, you may easily print as many duplicate AADHAAR cards as you desire from here: e-AADHAAR
- Usual processing time for AADHAAR card is 60 to 90 days. However it could take longer due to stringent verification process followed and also depending upon the backlog.
- Incase there are any issues found for an application during verification, corrective actions are taken wherever possible, else a rejection letter asking the resident to re-enroll is dispatched through post.
- India Post is entrusted with the responsibility of printing and delivery of AADHAAR letters. It may take 3 to 5 weeks to print and deliver AADHAAR letters to the residents.
- AADHAAR card enrollment is free and voluntary for the residents of India.
- You may apply for AADHAAR card at any location, anywhere in India.