Aadhar Name, Surname Update:
AADHAAR Card very important document in India as Govt. implement every thing get connected with this card, Now I’m sharing the complete detail of how to correction surname online? There is process given by AAHDAAR card authority to change your surname in aadhaar card.
Lot of people have reason for change your AADHAAR Card details. Here you will find all detailed reasons for aadhar card detail changes. Can you have look followings are the reasons because of that you need to change your AADHAAR Card details?
- If there is mistake(s) in the name
- If you recently got married that changed your name
- Mistakes in Date of Birth
- Your email id changed
- Your Mobile number is changed
- Surname change online as well as through post
Kindly read what types of document or process you need to follow in order to changes implement in your cards for given reasons. PLEASE NOTE: Having a mobile phone number is necessary to apply for name change / name correction / surname change online. The online update portal will send an OTP (One Time Pin) to your mobile phone number.
Suppose you do not have access to a mobile phone number or if you wish to apply for name change / name correction / surname change through post click here: AADHAAR Card Changes via Post – Name, Address, Phone, Gender, Date Of Birth.
There is a limitation in how many times you can edit your aadhar card detail. Here you can maximum 4 AADHAAR card name change / name correction / surname change requests are allowed.
Kindly arrange few documents as for name change/name correction/surname change in AADHAAR card,
- A self-attested Proof of Identity document is required.
- Clearly write your AADHAAR number on all document copies.
- Your name must be clearly written below the signatures/thumbprint when self-attesting the Proof of Identity document.
- For children below five years, parent/guardian can fill and sign/provide thumbprint in the supporting document copies.
- For the list of accepted Proof of Identity documents to apply for AADHAAR card changes click here: AADHAAR Card Documents Required for Changes.
You can apply for AADHAAR card name change / name correction / surname change online, by following these 3 easy steps:
- Login to AADHAAR card Online Self Service Update Portal using your AADHAAR number
- Submit your AADHAAR card name change / name correction / surname change request online
- Upload supporting self-attested Proof of Identity document (soft copy) for AADHAAR card name change / name correction / surname change online
You will be required to submit the AADHAAR card name change / name correction / surname change request in English as well as your local language. Once the name change / name correction / surname change request is submitted you will be given your AADHAAR card Update Request Number. Save this number to track name change / name correction / surname change request status check and future references. Your AADHAAR card change request information will be verified by UIDAI representative and upon successful validation, the changes will be reflected in your AADHAAR card and the same will be communicated to you.
You can track your change request update status here: Track AADHAAR card Update Request Status Check.