- 1 Get in detail How to link Aadhar Card to Canara Bank Account
Aadhaar number is 12 digit number provided by the Government of India through the Unique Identification Authority of India for the purpose of identification. This number can be also be used as an important proof of address in addition to identity.
The idea behind this is to capture the demographic as well as biometric identity of citizens within the country and store the same in a centralized database. This card is also essential in case individuals wish to avail the benefits of the various subsidies being rolled out by the government.
The following documents are necessary while linking their Aadhaar card to their bank accounts at Canara Bank-
- Original and photocopy of their Aadhaar card
- Original and photocopy of their Passbook
It is imperative for individuals to link their Aadhaar account to their Canara Bank account as this will ensure that they receive benefits of all government schemes directly to their account. It is also mandatory for procurement of schemes such as Atal Pension Yojana, LPG Subsidy Scheme and so on. Direct transfer of funds ensures that subsidies are not being misused or misplaced. Hence, individuals are advised to link Aadhaar cards to their bank accounts at the earliest.
- Online, via the bank website
- Offline, by visiting the bank directly
- Through ATM’s affiliated to the bank
- Through SMS
In case applicants wish to link their Aadhaar card to their bank account through an online method, they will have to follow the steps given below-
- Applicants will have to visit the online page of Canara Bank
- Individuals will have to register, if they already have then they have to log in and provide their Account number and customer ID
- Once this is done, applicants will receive an OTP or One Time Password on their mobile phones which will have to be entered.
- After this step is completed, applicants can check if their Aadhaar has been seeded, in case it hasn’t been done, they will have to provide their Aadhaar number and click on Submit.
Verification will be done manually and individuals will receive a notification once this has been done and the number has been seeded to their account.
As of now, candidates cannot link Aadhaar card their card to their account at Canara Bank via SMS or ATM, hence they can follow the methods provided above.
In case an individual wishes to link their Aadhaar card to their bank account through their offline method, they will have to follow the steps given below-
- Individuals will have to visit the closest branch of Canara Bank along with the necessary documents
- Once they reach the bank, they will have to fill in an application form to link their Aadhaar card to their bank account
- Once this form has been filled in and provided to the bank along with the documents, it will be verified manually
- Applicants will receive the bottom half of the application form as acknowledgment
- Once seeding has been completed, individuals will receive a notification on their email or on their phones through SMS